More in this section...
Uniform and belongings
All pupils are requested to wear the Hookstone Chase School Uniform as we feel it looks smart, wears well and contributes to a sense of belonging.
The school colours are Ink Navy and grey and school clothing may be purchased from: Rawcliffes Schoolwear Centre, East Parade, Harrogate and Emblazon, Tower Street, Harrogate. www.emblazon.biz. All children are asked to wear smart, low-heeled dark shoes and not trainers.
A plain white t-shirt and navy shorts are worn for P.E. Pumps/plimsolls, not trainers, may be worn for indoor P.E. For outdoor games skills lessons in the colder months children are asked to bring their trainers and tracksuits or equivalent suitable clothing.
Please ensure that all clothing is clearly marked with the child’s name.
We aim to use the whole school grounds as a learning environment and therefore some outdoor activities may lead to your child’s clothing becoming dirty. Please accept our apologies, but learning can be a messy business! In bad weather children should remember to bring Wellington boots.
A water bottle is provided for all pupils when they begin school so that the children can have regular drinks of water. Replacements are available at a cost of £1.50.
We also request that parents/carers ensure that these guidelines are followed to avoid any upset through loss or breakage:
- No jewellery should be worn, except for a watch. (In the case of pierced ears, only stud earrings should be worn and pupils must be able to remove them for PE lessons.
- No toys unless requested for school topics.
- No sweets as we wish to promote healthy eating.
- No money except for specific school purposes.
- No mobile phones; the school will always make and receive necessary telephone calls for the children.