Harrogate primary school set to join Northern Star Academies Trust
Northern Star Academies Trust (NSAT) wish to become the Academy sponsor for Starbeck Community Primary School from 1st April 2019.
We believe that successful schools develop their own unique identity and individuality and are best placed to meet their own community’s needs. As an outward facing organisation we believe that partnership working and sharing good practice underpins robust and sustainable school improvement.
Our core educational mission is to inspire and support learners of all ages to fulfil their potential and better the world.
At Northern Star Academies Trust our success is driven by our collective hard work and unwavering commitment to:
- providing a world-class organisation and improving the life chances of all the children and young people in the Trust
- ensuring that bespoke professional development, challenge and support are at the core of our school improvement strategy and that all our staff are learners and engage in the latest pedagogical research about teaching
- celebrate diversity, equity and an inclusive approach throughout our whole Trust
- develop in each of our children and young people academic and vocational skills, positive learning habits, qualities of character and leadership to become confident citizens now and in the future.
Our school improvement model for transformation at Starbeck Community Primary school is founded on:
- a deep knowledge and understanding of the school’s context and potential
- strong, open and transparent relationships with the Headteacher and Chair of Governors (both appointed since the Special Measures judgement)
- the firm belief that children and young people come first and their school experience should be enriching and purposeful, with their parents/carers engaging fully in supporting them to achieve great things
NSAT has developed a Hub model serving schools across Skipton, Harrogate and Keighley. Starbeck Primary School will become a member of the Northern Star Harrogate Hub. All our Trust schools work closely together to identify and then implement consistently the best school improvement strategies across its schools.
On academisation, Starbeck Community Primary School will become a new school, and will lose the Special Measures judgement and thus be given a fresh start.
Please feel free to contact Jenn Plews: Chief Executive Officer or Garry de Castro Morland: Headteacher should you wish to discuss any aspect of this academisation.< Back to all news stories