More in this section...
4th September 2020
Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020 and beyond
Dear parents, carers and families,
As we start the new academic year 2020-2021, I would like to provide you with our assurance that as a Multi-Academy Trust Partnership we have complied with all the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 in our schools.
- We have carried out a COVID-19 Risk Assessment and shared the results with the people who work in each NSAT school
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning and robust handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidelines
- We have taken all reasonable steps to support people with flexible working, both in the school environment and working from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to reduce contacts and maximise distancing between those in school wherever possible and minimise the potential for contamination as far as is reasonably practicable
- We have made face coverings mandatory in our two secondary schools during social times and when students and adults are moving around communal spaces. We have provided staff with face visors across all our schools should they wish to wear them
- We have implemented further changes to classroom layouts and communal spaces within our schools to ensure safe year group bubbles from EYFS through to Post 16
We are very much looking forward to welcoming back all children, young people and staff from across the NSAT family of schools. It has been a highly unusual summer for the education sector with many challenges to overcome, but that hasn’t prevented us from looking ahead to our futures with a great deal of positivity and optimism – knowing that through great teaching and learning, we open up new and unfamiliar worlds of knowledge and experience to the next generation.
We will strive to do all we can as a Trust Partnership to support the smooth return to school for your child. Please do not hesitate to contact your school’s Headteacher or Senior Leadership Team if you need support, advice or guidance. Alternatively, please take a look at your child’s school website where all Returning to School information can be found.
With best wishes for a successful school year ahead,
Chief Executive Officer