More in this section...
Learning at Home
Supporting learning at home and helping your child
Within school our aim is to provide learning opportunities which are exciting and stimulating, whilst encouraging your child to want to achieve their best. There are many ways you can support this at home to really encourage your child to maximise their potential.
- Attend every parents evening – if you are unable to make the date set, organise another appointment with the teacher. It is important that you know how your child is performing in school.
- Ensure your child has the correct uniform and appropriate clothing for PE.
- Read our newsletters and make a note of dates on your calendar/ in your diary/ on the fridge!
- Come along and get involved – Sports Day, Sports matches, class assemblies etc.
- Read every day with your child and record sessions in the reading record books.
- Practise phonic sounds, especially in the early years.
- Spellings – when provided, practise, practise, practise!
- Encourage your child to use Maths in real life situations, at the shop, with money or for measuring.
- Homework, love it or loathe it, it’s there to support your child’s learning. Be interested and support them, ask questions and encourage. There are many great websites to help with homework and don’t forget the library too. If your child is struggling with homework – please come and talk to us.
https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ free at the moment
https://www.gonoodle.com/ PE activities
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zx882hv Habitats KS1