More in this section...
Each academy in Northern Star Academies Trust has a local governing body which works on behalf of the Trustees to exercise leadership in the running of the individual academy and holds the Headteacher and staff to account. It is responsible for promoting high standards and strives to ensure that young people are attending a successful academy which provides them with a good education and supports their well-being.
The functions of Hookstone Chase Primary School's Local Governing Body are:
- helping the Headteacher and senior leadership team to set high standards by planning for the school´s future and setting performance targets for the school;
- monitoring the effectiveness of the school provision;
- monitoring financial performance against budget and the management of risks against the school´s risk register;
- ensuring funds are spent appropriately and to the best benefit of students, especially disadvantaged students;
- acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher and senior leadership team, offering support and advice;
- helping the school respond to the needs of parents and the community;
- helping make the school be open and accountable to the public for what it does;
- working with the school on planning and developing policies and keeping the school provision under review; and
- exercising the responsibilities and powers delegated to it by the Trustees in partnership with the Headteacher and staff.
Local Governing Body
|Mr Craig Goold||Chair|
|Miss Helen Holmes||Staff Governor|
|Mrs Phillipa Rumford||Staff Governor|
|Mr David Burns||Parent Governor|
|Mr Michael Stansfield||Parent Governor|
|Mrs Linnea Stokes||Community Governor|
|Miss Vivien Watson||Headteacher|
|Ms Fiona Mascoll-Betts||Community Governor|
To review governor attendance and declarations of interest, please follow this link.
Previous Governors in the last 12 months
|Mrs Victoria Fisher||Parent Governor|
|Mrs Victoria Fisher||Community Governor|
|Mrs Caroline Wright||Vice Chair|